All 65 of Colorado’s House seats and 18 of the Senate’s 35 seats are up for election.
Colorado Newsline requested basic biographical information from candidates, which is included in the tables below for those who responded. Newsline also sent to candidates a questionnaire on 10 major Colorado issues. Candidates who responded are indicated in the column to the far right in the tables below (readers might have to scroll for the column to appear), and their answers can be viewed by clicking “Yes.”
The questionnaire contained the following questions:
- Would you support repealing the Gallagher Amendment?
- Would you support repealing the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights?
- Would you support reallocating some funds from law enforcement to social services?
- Would you support eliminating cash bail for all criminal cases, unless the defendant is determined to be a public safety risk or flight risk?
- Would you support a state public option for health care?
- Would you support increasing oil and gas setbacks?
- Would you support an across-the-board tax cut for all Colorado taxpayers?
- Would you support a “progressive tax cut” that lowers tax rates for most Coloradans but raises taxes on the highest earners?
- Would you support banning most abortions after 22 weeks?
- Would you support a penalty, civil or criminal, for not properly securing a gun?