Colorado Newsline welcomes commentary submissions. Preference goes to timely topics of interest to Colorado readers. Newsline reserves the right to edit for clarity and style.
- Maximum length is 750 words.
- Name, full address and phone number are required (address and phone number are not for publication).
- Newsline does not publish anonymous commentaries.
- Name-calling and ad hominem attacks are not acceptable.
- Submissions must be sent by email to [email protected] with “commentary” in the subject line. Include the text of the commentary in the body of the email, not in an attachment.
- Facts or assertions that some readers might be expected to dispute should be accompanied by a source citation, such as by a link or by stating the source in plain language as part of the text.
- Commentaries must be signed by at least one individual, and Newsline does not accept pieces signed by an organization. Provide a brief biographical description of the author, even if only the author’s hometown.
- Newsline does not publish candidate endorsements.
- Newsline discourages open letters or commentaries that address an individual, institution or group.
- Questions may be addressed to editor Quentin Young, [email protected].